Friday, July 29, 2011

Another fork in the road...

Life has once again led me to a fork in the road. And as usual.... I haven't the slightest idea which way to go. I think most all of us have this happen to us way more often than we would like. I do find it interesting how different I handle it these days than I did just a few years ago. I remember feeling like my whole world was coming to an end and "oh my goodness, what am I going to do". I have to admit that this is still my initial reaction to the challenges I face. The difference now is that I don't stay in that frame of mind for long. When I did, I was absolutely miserable. I didn't like the way I felt. So, now I have my moment, put it in God's hands and move on. Why continue to mope around about it? God is in control and HE knows what is best for me. I may not always understand why things go the way they do. But I can guarantee that some point down the line I will look back and understand it. It may not be while I am on this earth, but I will when I see Jesus' face in my heavenly home. This brings to mind a hymn I grew up singing......

Farther along we'll know all about it
Farther along we'll understand why
Cheer up my brother, live in the sunshine
We'll understand it all by and by

No comments:

Post a Comment