Sunday, April 18, 2010

Take me away....

I am feeling extremely restless. I have been at my job for over 3 years and lived in this small town in Indiana for over 5 years. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. I just have a ramblin' kind of heart. I am not sure if it's because I want to roam or of this isn't the place I want to be for the rest of my life. I know of one place that keeps calling my name: NEW ORLEANS!


I went to the New Orleans area last year to do some volunteer work rebuilding homes. I spent one week there. The volunteer group was able to go down-town New Orleans for one of the evenings. It was the absolute best evening of my life. Since that night I have had a major obsession with trying to get back there. Various life and financial circumstances have hindered me thus far. However, I am bound and determined to get back there. I would be at least momentarily satisfied with a weeks vacation there. Of course, I would be completely satisfied if I can move there.


I can't find the words to describe the atmosphere, culture, history, food, music, people, and all the other things the area has to offer. I just know that it left a huge impression on me and a longing to return. You can understand what I am saying if you have been there yourself. If you haven't, you should go!

No comments:

Post a Comment